Monday, September 8, 2008

Its up – The new Microsoft advertising campaign to take on Apple featuring Jerry Seinfeld

I’ll let you decide what to think – Check it out here first..
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/


My reaction – I was quite disappointed really. Microsoft has been given so many things it could throw back at Apple (as the Apple ad's did to Microsoft), but instead the analogy was comparing shoes. I really didn’t get it.

I bet the guys who wrote the Apple ad's are absolutely rolling in laughter at this attempt.
The Apple ads actually focus on the technology (albeit from a slapstick view), but nonetheless they are incredibly appealing to all, and convey the Apple message – This advertisement didn’t have anything about the technology and in my opinion was not appealing.


Come on Microsoft – You can do much better than this!!
Phil

1 comment:

Phil Persson said...

Thanks :-)
Cheers,
Phil